What You Get in FancyBoot
I've taken the UniBoot distribution and incorporated a whole load of extra stuff so you don't spend your time being told to download "this module" and "that program" before you can even do anything. Here's what's included:
- !System updates from Castle
- New toolbox modules from RISC OS Developments
- Syslog - used to provide centralised error logging
- Tinct, AcornURI, SharedUnixLib, MimeMap and iconv - all required for NetSurf
- IcnClipBrd - gives cut, copy, paste in writable icons
- BST - updates your system clock to BST/GMT at the right moment
- DoubleTake - long double clicks do the same as shift-double click
- An uptodate MimeMap file - ensures emailed and downloaded files have the correct RISC OS filetypes.
- WinSnap - Helps organise your windows
- LongFiles - allows you to use file names longer than 10 characters
- BubbleHelp - press F1 to find out how your favourite program works
So there you have it - you can download it from here and extract it using ZipEE as described on the previous page.
Last update: 27th August 2007